Structure of NAVET
Statute of the National Agency for Vocational Education and Training
The National Agency for Vocational Education and Training (NAVET) is a specialised body to the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Bulgaria established under the Vocational Education and Training Act (VETA) in 1999.
NAVET is a legal entity financed by the State budget with headquarters in Sofia.
NAVET is a key partner in the successfully functioning mechanism of stakeholders activities coordination and concordance on a national level aiming at developing a system for vocational education and training meeting the labour market dynamic requirements and needs, providing Bulgarian citizens with flexible opportunities for lifelong development of their employability.
The realisation of national and European priorities related to the improvement of the access to and the quality of the vocational education and training in compliance with the needs of the labour market and the requirements of the economy in the context of lifelong learning.
- Creating and maintaining flexible systems for high-quality education and training to meet the current and future requirements and needs of the national and European labour markets
- Expanding the opportunities for acquisition and improvement of professional qualifications in the context of lifelong learning
- Developing and improving the institutional partnership model at national and European level
- Strengthening the institutional environment for greater efficiency of the provided public services, greater awareness and transparency of VET for individuals and businesses
Expert Commissions in professional fields:
- Earth sciences, mineral extraction and enrichment
- Mechanical engineering, metalworking and metallurgical engineering
- Electrical engineering and power engineering
- Information and communication technologies, electronics and automation
- Chemical products, technologies and environmental protection studies
- Motor vehicles, ships, aircrafts and transportation services
- Architecture and construction
- Production of textile and textile goods, leather and wood
- Food and beverage production
- Farming, forestry and fishery, veterinary medicine
- Hotel and restaurant management, catering, travelling, tourism and leisure activities
- Business management and administration
- Healthcare and sport
- Social services, personal care services, property services
- Public safety and security
- Professional orientation guidance