According to the Vocational Еducation and Тraining Act, The National Agency for Vocational Education and Training is а public authority to the Council of ministers, responsible for licensing of activities in the VET system, for control and assessment of the quality in licensed training institutions and licensed institutions for information and vocational guidance.
The main functions of NAVET, assigned by VET Act are focused on the following key fields of the national VET system:
1. Development and actualization of the List of Professions for Vocational Education and Training (LPVET).
2. Development of core documents for the content of VET training – the State Educational Standards for acquiring qualifications by professions.
3. Establishing and developing of national network of licensed institutions for VET for persons over 16 years – vocational training centers and centers for information and vocational guidance.
4. Monitoring and control of the activities of the licensed institutions.
5. Maintaining a Public register of vocational qualification documents issued by licensed VET centers.
6. Development of proposals for improvement of national VET system.
7. Methodological support to the licensed VET centers for validation procedures.
Priorities in the updated Strategy „NAVET 2019-2021“
Priority 1. Development of cooperation with state institutions, employers‘ and employees’ organizations, branch and professional organizations and the academic community for improvement of the national VET system in the context of the national lifelong learning policy.
Priority 2. Development of the network of licensed VET centers and centers for information and vocational guidance.
Priority 3. Quality assurance in the system of vocational education and training.
Priority 4. Study of European experience and good practices in the field of VET and adaptation of good practices at national level – EQF / NQF, ECVET, EQAVET, validation of professional knowledge, skills and competencies acquired through non-formal and informal learning.
Priority 5. Increasing the transparency and publicity of adult vocational training and career guidance services.
Priority 6. Development and improvement of the quality of administrative services, record keeping and archiving, implementation of anti-corruption measures and prevention of conflicts of interests.
In 2020, NAVET celebrated its 20th Anniversary. It was impossible to celebrate with an official ceremony due to the coronavirus pandemic, but NAVET marked the anniversary with the publication of a yearbook for the achievements in the past years. The book is available in electronic version in Bulgarian here: https://www.navet.government.bg/bg/20-godini-napoo/