NAVET representatives took part in the workshop on October 30 and October 31, 2019 regarding implementation of the European Qualifications framework (EQF) on a national level in the period 2018-2020. The event was organized by the Ministry of Education and Science.The National Qualificationsframework in Bulgaria is regulated by The Council of Ministers’ Resolution № 96/ 02.02.2012. Results from a research for the impact of the National Qualifications Framework, were presented at the workshop. The research respondents are teachers form high schools, students, doctoral students, teachers from the secondary education, primary education and the kindergartens, employers, experts, civil servants and other stakeholders.
The following results and conclusions were made upon the research:
- A percentage of over 75% of the participants are somewhat familiar with the NQF;
- Most of the interviewed persons have stated that the descriptions of the expected units of learning outcomes for the specific levels of the NQF, are understandable;
- There are most unclarity points, concerning the expected learning outcomes, in NQF Level 4, as well as in the highereducation qualifications;
- There is a need of improving the awareness of the society, about the connection between EQF, NQF and the State Educational standards;
- There is a need of more active and purposeful informing of employers and citizens;
- There is a need of increasing the teachers’ capacity, in accordance with the NQF use;
- More efforts are needed in applying the NQF in practice, and in connecting it to the education quality;
- More efforts are needed in validation and acknowledgement of skills, knowledge and competences acquired through on-formal and informal learning.
The education and training institutions where NQF is used as a tool, express an opinion that NQF contribute to improving the correspondence between supply and demand of skills and qualification at the labor market.
Participants concluded that NQF is an useful and operational tool, but it is still not enough familiar among employers and citizens.
Experts from NAVET shared their experience in applying NQF during process of development of the State Educational Standards as important step for popularization of the tool among stakeholders, as well as a premise to increasing the comparability, lucidity and international acknowledgement of the vocational qualifications.
Aiming bigger usage of the potentials of the NQF, the responsible institutions need to continue initiating actions in enhancing theawareness and capacity of all users.
The analysis for impact assessment of NQF in Bulgaria is available on the site of Ministry of Education and Science: https://www.mon.bg/bg/100755
● Published on 06.11.2019 ● Last edit 09.05.2020●