eng. Emiliana Dimitrova
Chair of NAVET
for completing an Application and a Form for licensing a Vocational Training Centre (CVT) under Article 22, paragraph 7 of the Vocational Education and Training Act (VETA)
The aim of the Instructions is to help the applicants in the process of preparing the needed documents for licensing as a Vocational Training Centre (CVT) under Article 22, paragraph 7 of the Vocational Education and Training Act (VETA)
The Instructions contain the main steps, in chronological order, to be followed while preparing the needed documents and applying to be licensed as a Vocational Training Centre through the Information System (IS) and in the National Agency for Vocational Education and Training (NAVET)
You need to register in NAVET’s Information System, so that a procedure of preparation of documents can be initiated.
Your user name and password to access the Information System (IS) will be sent to the e-mail address you have provided.
Once all required details are filled in, an Application and a Form will be directly generated by the IS of NAVET.
In the Information System of NAVET you need to fill in the following, in this order:
Name of the legal entity or the sole proprietor establishing the CVT (hereinafter referred to as organisation)
Name of the CVT (if the organisation wishes the CVT to have a name);
Full name of the person representing the organisation, applicant’s postal address, telephone and fax number, e-mail address;
Additional information: address, telephone number, fax and e-mail for contact, a person to be contacted by NAVET- full name, postal address, telephone number, mobile phone number, fax number, e-mail address and internet page.
Centre’s profile and additional information.
Professions and specialties
Select the profession/s and specialty/specialities you would like to be licensed for from the List of professions for vocational education and training in the dropdown menu.
For each profession and specialty you need to attach copies of curriculum and syllabi in accordance with Article 13 of VETA.
Curricula and syllabi are developed in accordance with the State educational requirements (SER) for acquiring professional qualification. They are approved by the head of the organisation and are sealed.
State the full name of the trainer of the subjects in the curriculum for every profession and specialty.
For every trainer attach copies of diplomas, professional qualifications, licenses (if required) and a declaration of consent.
Attach copies of holding deeds, certificates of title or any other documents that prove the availability of facilities needed for the vocational training of all professions and specialties the Centre applies for.
The facilities for the theoretical and the practical parts of the training must meet the criteria of point 6 of the State educational requirements (SER) for acquiring a vocational qualification on the respective profession from LPVET.
Attach documents for compliance of the facilities with the standards for education premises and the fire safety and emergency regulations (e.g. permissions, statements, certificates issued by the relevant authorities for compliance with the standards for education premises and the fire safety and emergency regulations, etc.).
Work organisation in CVT
1. Requirements to the applicants for the training programs offered by the Centre
1.1. Terms and conditions for admission of applicants willing to participate in the training programs and their compliance with Article 14, paragraphs 2 and 3 and Article 15, paragraph 2 of VETA.
• The terms and conditions for admission of applicants in the training programs in compliance with Article 14, paragraphs 2 and 3 and Article 15, paragraph 2 of VETA:
• minimum age of the applicant in the year of applying;
• health status of the applicant;
• entry level of education of the applicant.
1.2. Entry level of education and qualification assessment under Article 14, paragraphs 4 and 5 of VETA – selection and placement of people in groups.
• the assessment of the entry education and entry qualification level of the applicants under Article 14, paragraphs 4 and 5 by VETA;
• the requirements for the selection and placement of people in groups.
2. Academic documentation in CVT
2.1. Describe the compliance of curricula and syllabi with:
• the framework programmes for acquiring vocational qualification;
• the state requirements for acquiring professional qualification;
• the state educational requirements for vocational education and training;
• the national examination programmes.
3. Organisation of the vocational training in CVT
3.1. Organisation of the theoretical training
• the types of training and the organisational forms;
• According to Article 17, paragraph 2 of VETA, the organisational form for programmes А, Б, Д and Е for people above the age of 16 is a qualification course.
• The types of training, the study hours and the number of trainees in a group can be decided on together with the assigner of the vocational training.
State whether there is an option for such an agreement.
3.2. Organisation of the practical training – activities for education and training, activities for education and production and educational activities.
• the provided facilities for practical training and their correspondence with the aims of the vocational training;
• the planned by the organisation: type of practical training, (training practice or internal practice); organisation of the practical training (activities for • education and training, activities for education and production and educational activities);
• State the places (the addresses) where the practical training will take place and the health and safety measures and precautions there for training and work.
3.3. System for assessment of the training according to Ordinance № 3/15.05.2003 of the Minister of Education and Science for the assessment system and the national examination programs under Article 37 of VETA.
• Attach the developed by the organisation “Internal system for continuous assessment in the process of training“.
In general the assessment system may contain:
• mechanism of assessment;
• types of assessment (oral and written examinations, tests, solving practical problems, etc.);
• requirements for the tests for continuous assessment (open or close), scoring, assessment scales, etc.;
• exam tasks and options for their coordination with the assigners of the training;
• scoring of the continuous assessment results;
• others, as needed.
• If the assessment process is discussed in the Articles of association of the Centre, state the corresponding Chapter, Section or Article.
Attach or describe the “System for assessment of the training” that will be applied by your Centre at the end of the training process.
3.4. Completion and certification of the vocational training for acquiring professional qualification in accordance with Article 33, paragraph 2 and 3, Article 34, Article 35, Article 37 and Article 38, par. 2, 3, 4 and 5 of VETA.
• types of assessment for acquiring a professional qualification level;
• format and content of the examinations for acquiring a professional qualification level;
• members of the examination board for acquiring a professional qualification level.
• Attach samples of exam materials (practical tasks, tests or other materials).
4. Human resources necessary for the vocational training in CVT
4.1. Administrative staff (educational degree, qualification).
Describe the administrative staff in the centre (degree, qualification).
4.2. Provision of trainers for the theoretical and practical training
• State the compliance of the education and qualification of the trainers in both theoretical and practical subjects with the requirements under SER for the acquisition of professional qualification (e.g. education qualification degree, certificate of professional qualification, special scientific training and others).
• When the organisation applies for licensing the vocational training in more than one profession and speciality, for each profession and speciality the requirements to the trainers must be described.
• For theoretical training in the speciality “…………………..”
Trainers in theoretical training must have a “Master” or “Bachelor” degree and speciality “…………”, “………………”.
• For practical training in the speciality “……………………..”
Trainers in practical training must have a “Master” or “Bachelor” degree and speciality “…………”, “………………” or to be trainers in practical training in “………………….”.
5. Material resources necessary for the vocational training
5.1. Available facilities for theoretical and practical training (classrooms, study rooms, training and production facilities, laboratories, workshops and others).
The location (address) of the facilities for theoretical and practical training. If they are situated in different towns – the location of each facility should be stated separately.
Describe for each profession and speciality the facilities for theoretical and practical training. Example:
“Production building with 3 workshops for the production of electrical motors, offices, laboratories and repair shops”;
“Four-storey administrative building with offices, rooms for theoretical training, conference room, computer rooms”.
5.2. Facilities for theoretical and practical training – classrooms, study offices, training and production facilities, laboratories, workshops and others *
5.2.1. Facilities for theoretical training *
Describe for each profession and speciality the specific facilities you are going to use for the purposes of the theoretical training.
Example: Specialised rooms for theoretical training of the subjects of the professional preparation, specialised library and others.
5.2.2. Facilities for practical training *
Describe for each profession and speciality the specific facilities you are going to use for the practical training.
• specialised rooms for training of the subjects of the professional preparation,
• rooms for computer assisted learning and others.
• State the approximate area of the premises. For each of the facilities state the possible number of work places for the trainees.
5.3. Equipment for professional training (teaching aids, appliances, devices, mechanisms, machines, installations and others)*
5.3.1. Equipment for professional theoretical training *
Describe for each of the facilities in the table the equipment for the theoretical training.
• a computer for every trainee with the necessary basic software;
• the professions software used in each speciality;
• contemporary technical literature;
• black/white board;
• screen, multimedia and others.
5.3.2. Equipment for professional practical training *
Describe for each of the facilities in the table the equipment for the practical training.
• demo apparatuses and machines;
• laboratory diagrams and models;
• facilities and apparatuses according to specialities;
• modern measuring devices and diagnostic tools;
• technical equipment for hands-on-experience and repair activities;
• a computer for every trainee with the necessary basic software;
• the professions software used in each speciality;
• scanner and printer;
• copying and printing facilities, etc.
5.4. Teaching materials and aids*
Describe for each of the facilities in the table the equipment for the training.
• technical documentation set (rules and regulations, instructions, projects, work charts, etc.);
• contemporary reference books and catalogues;
• contemporary technical books, etc.
* IMPORTNAT! For each profession and speciality consider to what extent the facilities you mention are in compliance with the facilities for vocational training described in the State educational requirements for acquiring professional qualifications.
6. Records management system in the CVT
6.1. Records management rules and regulations in the Centre
• information about the applicants – name, address, profession, speciality, registration number, entry level of education, entry level of qualification, documents as to the health status of the applicant.
• information about the trainees:
– record of the trainee – data about the trainee, copies of documents for completed education levels (entry level of education);
– marks and average marks from the state theoretical and practical professional examinations;
– records for the trainees’ attendance for each group.
• curricula and syllabi for the offered professions;
• records of the contact classes with the trainees (teacher record book);
• exam results;
• register of incoming/outgoing mail;
• register of the issued documents for completion of professional training;
• record book for the ordinances of the director (manager, head) of the centre;
• retention methods and periods for storing records on paper and magnetic medium.
• Study records and their lifecycle are regulated by Ordinance No 4 of the Minister of education and science for documents in the system of public education.
7. Policy of transparency and awareness
7.1. Access of applicants and assigners of training to the information about the offered vocational training – the content of the training (curricula and syllabi, types and levels of professional qualifications, organisation of studies, the policy and priorities of the Centre).
Describe and provide evidence for the envisaged possibilities to ensure access of the applicants and assigners of training to the information about the offered vocational training – the content of the training (curricula and syllabi, types and levels of professional qualifications, organisation of studies, the policy and priorities of the Centre)
As evidence, enclose information, reference and advertising materials, brochures, etc., which the Centre will be issuing, representative of its objectives, tasks and capabilities to conduct the offered training etc.
8. System of monitoring and control in the CVT
8.1. System of internal monitoring and quality control of teaching in vocational training.
Describe the system for internal monitoring and quality control of the vocational training in the Centre.
Recommendations for the content of the system:
Main characteristics of the marking process; functioning of the internal monitoring system; special employee/s to deal with this activity.
8.2. System for monitoring the employability of graduates and professionals having acquired a level of professional qualification in the Centre.
State the feedback mechanism used for collecting information on the employability of professionals having acquired a level of professional qualification.
8.3. Procedures for handling complaints and objections.
Describe the procedures for handling complaints and objections in your Centre.
Additional documents to be attached in the IS and submitted together with the other documentation to NAVET:
1. Copy of the BULSTAT registration of legal entities who are not traders and are not registered in the Trade Register of the Bulgarian Registry Agency;
2. Criminal record certificate of the person who is going to represent and manage the Centre – in original;
3. Articles of association of the Centre;
• The “Articles of association of the Centre” is carried by the collective managing body of the organisations and is approved by its director.
• The Articles of association can include the following sections:
• General provisions;
• Objectives and tasks of the Centre;
• Management bodies responsible for the management of the vocational training activities (functions, tasks, personnel, interdependence, etc.);
• Other bodies (board of studies, methodical or another council – functions and composition);
• Organisation of studies – rules and regulation for admission of applicants, requirements to the applicants, quality assurance of training, internal control and monitoring, types of assessment in the process of teaching, teaching and training facilities, carrying out practical training, funding of the training, teaching staff, procedures for handling complaints and objections,
• Policy of transparency of the offered training, records management and archives, etc., as well as transitional and final provisions.
The Articles of association of the Centre is to be in compliance with VETA requirements and other regulations connected to the organisation and conducting of professional training.
4. Document for paid fee
When applying for a license, foreign legal entities under Article 22, paragraph 5 apart from the documents under paragraph 2, points 1, 4, 6 – 10 must also submit together with the Application a document for the identification of the legal entity in accordance with the legislation of the country where it has been registered. When the documents are in a foreign language, they are submitted together with a certified translation in Bulgarian.
The names of the professional fields, professions, specialities and their codes must be identical to the ones in the List of the professions for vocational education and training under Article 6 the Vocational Education and Training Act, approved by the Minister of education and science.
The List of the professions for vocational education and training can be found on the NAVET web page – http://www.navet.government.bg.
The state educational requirements are published at the following electronic address: www.navet.government.bg – heading “ State educational requirements”.
1. When one or more of the fields in the Form require a description which is regulated in the “Articles of Association of the Centre”, the section or the point/s from the Articles can be stated instead.
2. After you fill in the Form and attach all additional documents, print from the IS the two documents – the Application and the Form and prepare a hard-copy set of the complete documentation for application.
The Application must be signed by a legal representative of the organisation and sealed with the stamp of the organisation.
3. When IS has accepted all the submitted document with no remarks, press the button (icon) „Submit the documentation to NAVET“.
4. All copies of the enclosed documents are to be certified by the organisation as true copies, signed and sealed.
5. The hard-copy set must be submitted to NAVET at the following address:
National Agency for Vocational Education and Training
125 “Tsarigradsko shose ” bld., block 5, floor 5
6. Together with the documentation you should also present a payment order for the transferred to NAVET bank account fee for considering the application for licensing at the amount of 400 (four hundred) levas, in accordance with the Decree of the Council of Ministers № 241/21.11.2000
NAVET bank account is:
UniCredit BULBANK, branch Kalojan
Bank code (BIC): UNCRBGSF
Bank account number (IBAN): BG22UNCR76303300000178
УниКредит БУЛБАНК, клон Калоян
Банков код (BIC): UNCRBGSF
Банкова сметка (IBAN): BG22UNCR76303300000178
Такса за лицензиране
● Published 18.01.2012● Last update 08.06.2015●