The state educational standards (SES) for acquiring professional qualifications from the List of professions for vocational education and training (LPVET) under Art. 6 of the Vocational Education and Training Act (VETA) are documents that pursuant to Art. 42, paragraph 3 (b) of VETA. They are developed and updated by the National Agency for Vocational Education and Training and are approved by orders of the Minister of Education and Science in coordination with the respective ministries and administrative units. The state educational requirements for acquiring professional qualifications define the obligatory professional competencies required for practicing the profession and they are mandatory for all training institutions entitled to organize training courses and to issue the corresponding Certificates of vocational qualification or training upon their completion.
The state educational standards by professions include:
• Minimum entry level qualification and education requirements for pupils and adults,
• Option for validation of professional knowledge, skills and competences,
• Description of the profession work activities, responsibilities, personal qualities, characteristics of working conditions, equipment and tools,
• Opportunities for continuing vocational training,
• Opportunities for professional development according to the National Classification of Professions and Occupations,
• Learning objectives,
• Units of Learning outcomes – knowledge, skills, competences,
• Requirements for theoretical and practical training facilities,
• Requirements for trainers.
The state educational requirements for acquiring professional qualifications provide the necessary information regarding:
• Individual career planning
• Developing curricula and syllabi
• Planning human resources development in enterprises
• Personnel selection and employment
• Personnel training and competences assessment
• Developing proposals for changes in the content of vocational training.